iBlue Yonder

Friday, September 29, 2006

Welcome to Portland Oregon, Ladies and Gentlemen.

As a commercial scenery developer, it's not often that I feel moved to ramble on about the works of another designer. However, today is something special. Stepháne LePage, better known to the FS world as Vauchez, and his brother Patrice have at long last released their FlightZone 02: Portland scenery for Flight Simulator 2004.

This is a stunningly beautifully done piece of work, made all the more special to me by virtue of the fact that it models my home city and its environs. In addition to Portland Int'l Airport, you get fully detailed versions of Hillsboro (KHIO) and Pearson (KVUO) airports, and a very well-done reworking of Portland Troutdale (KTTD), my home airport.

If you're looking for a realistically rendered and insanely detailed bit of virtual scenery, you owe it to yourself to try this out. Heavy iron drivers and GA propheads alike will find a lot to enjoy. I'm excited that so many virtual flyers will have a chance to explore an area that I consider to be one of most beautiful in the U.S.

Then again, I might be a little biased. Find out more and purchase at their site, http://www.flightscenery.com/